Built in 1100, Prissé was divided into two communes in 1790: Prissé-le-Petit and Prissé-le-Grand. The latter was then divided among several villages at the end of the 19th century, while Prissé-le-Petit, once again Prissé, merged with La Charrière in 1972. The Charrière, mentioned in 1243, is cosy sitting in a small valley and crossed by the Alleuds and Puits-Neuf streams. Before 1880, it was mainly planted with vineyards producing a wine of the same quality as that of La Foye-Monjault. In 2018, Prissé-la-Charrière joined forces with Belleville, St-Etienne-la-Cigogne and Boisserolles to form the new town of Plaine d'Argenson and become its capital.
To see: tumulus of Péré (neolithic necropolis), church of St-André, castle of Péré (two plane trees classified "remarkable trees"), park of La Charrière, Feast of plants and garden at the castle of Péré.
Town, village and district