The Château de Gaillon is considered to be the first Renaissance château in the Seine valley. Built between 1498 and 1510, it is the most remarkable example of the combination of Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. The chateau was made famous by the Cardinal Georges d'Amboise, a forerunner of the development of Italian Renaissance in France. It would be dismantled during the French Revolution. Extensive restoration works have been carried out for 40 years. Since 2011, the château has been opened to the public.
Telephone : 02 32 53 86 40
Office de Tourisme Seine Eure