Built on a rocky spur, Hattonchâtel was fortified in the ninth century by Hatton, bishop of Verdun who gave it its name. The citadel was destroyed in 1634...Read more
The washhouse was built in 1840, it has an octagonal basin and is located at the bottom of the hill on which the Hattonchâtel citadel is built. It rises...Read more
Washhouse with courtyard. Sculpture of a laundress at work by Denis Mellinger.
Remains of an old house once supported on the surrounding wall, near the door near a defence tower. This is where the guard house was located. Only the...Read more
Located in the medieval village of hattonchatel, a sign house of the Bishops of Verdun, this washhouse dates from 1921 and is characterised by anthropomorphic...Read more
Initiated in 1328, the narrowness of the citadel forced the construction of the Saint-Maur collegiate church in flamboyant Gothic style inside the fortress....Read more
Founded in 1128, the abbey of Saint-Benoît-en-Woëvre is a Cistercian establishment. It was rebuilt in the 18th century in classical style in a location...Read more
Former domaine of the Bishops of Verdun, built by Hatton in the 9th century. This site is one of the most significant, steeped most completely
This historic village is dominated by the presence of an architecture of the eighteenth century.
Several fronts, particularly in the upper village...Read more
In the heart of the village of Hattonchâtel, on the Place du Grand Puits, remains an original house
medieval dating from the 15th century and classified...Read more