This statue of an American soldier (a "Sammy") standing on an eagle by Gertrude V. Whitney commemorates American troops arriving in WWI. It was unveiled...Read more
On March 28, 1942, at half past one in the morning, the British destroyer HMS Campbeltown, which had undergone some modifications to make her resemble...Read more
With its long pier and walls of massive granite blocks, the "Vieux Môle" jetty ("Old Jetty") has been a landmark for so long (more than 180 years) that...Read more
It is situated on the tip of "Villès-Martin", and on the "Bonne Anse" channel.
The Aiguillon Lighthouse was built in 1857.
It is situated near the coastal path "Chemin des Douaniers", between the "Pointe de l’Eve" and the beach...Read more
This lighthouse, built half a mile inland, was in service from 1897 to 1961 as part of an alignment of lights guiding ships up the Loire. The lighthouse...Read more
The Villès-Martin fort dominates the Loire Estuary. It was built in 1861, a reminder of the fact that Saint-Nazaire has always occupied an important strategic...Read more
The Neolithic Era witnessed the appearance of the first large barrows, also known as burial mounds or tumuli. The Dissignac Tumulus was built approximately...Read more
The so-called “Dolmen” is a megalithic stone formation, some 6,000 years old. It stands near the city centre, but hundreds or thousands of years ago, this...Read more
It is one of the eight monuments awarded « 20th-century Heritage » in Saint-Nazaire.