This church, designed in the Rhenish Romanesque style, was built near a stream in an old village. Between the 15th and 16th centuries, it was given a double...Read more
Until the 1960s and 1970s, Saint-Mihiel had several laundries. Remains of the former convent given to the Minimalist friars of Saint Francis de Paule in...Read more
Remains of an old house once supported on the surrounding wall, near the door near a defence tower. This is where the guard house was located. Only the...Read more
Added to the ramparts in the 19th Century, it is composed of two arched passages (entry and exit), each one protected by a drawbridge. The Gate allowed...Read more
This chapel stands on the côte des Bures at an altitude of 370 metres. The "Bures" are the bonfires that were once lit on the high places, on Saint John's...Read more
During the First World War, the German armies needed water supplies and therefore built fountains in the area of the Saint-Mihiel Salient. The sheltered...Read more
The 22-metre Valéran Tower is all that remains of the fortified outer wall which protected the Counts of Ligny's castle. The tower remains the most significant...Read more
Avioth has been a place of pilgrimage for many hundreds of years (since the early 12th century) and it was this that led to the building of the vast Church...Read more
Located in the medieval village of hattonchatel, a sign house of the Bishops of Verdun, this washhouse dates from 1921 and is characterised by anthropomorphic...Read more
Former Cistercian abbey founded in the early 12th century. Magnificent rose window from St. Vannes' Abbey in Verdun.
Open by arrangement.