Cross-country runner, liaison officer of the 163rd infantry regiment, he was killed on 24 September 1914 near Xivray. A stele was heir in his honour on...Read more
A former Crown Inn built in 1447, it welcomed travellers arriving after the city gates closed. The inn was rebuilt in the second half of the 16th century.
To compensate for the drop in speed and avoid the regulation of the watercourse, the commune had a mobile suspended platform installed that allowed the...Read more
Its magnificent façade represents Neptune, God of the sea and his wife Amphitrite, Goddess of the sea.
"There, it is the Meuse which, with its majestic...Read more
The crypt contains the doorway to St. Dagobert's Church (9th - 12th centuries), the mysterious Stenay stone and a memorial to the lost king.
On the facade of the 18th century medallions are sculpted which represent for the top ones Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette, and their kids on the bottom...Read more
The washhouse was built in 1840, it has an octagonal basin and is located at the bottom of the hill on which the Hattonchâtel citadel is built. It rises...Read more
Washhouse with courtyard. Sculpture of a laundress at work by Denis Mellinger.
Built around 1650, it includes a courtyard paved with river pebbles, a main dwelling building completed by two wings in return square. All hidden by a...Read more
The Saint-Amond Lock Bridge is one of three such constructions conceived by Marshal Vauban in the late 17th Century, to reinforce the South-Eastern part...Read more