Many "castles" were edified as hunt relays in the forest of Princé, with their farms. Each farm had its vine which produced its wine.
In La Sicaudais's town, there was in the old times, a castle which we can only see today, the chapel rebuilt recently.
The merovingian graveyard is mentioned for the first time in 1880 by the archeologic and historic society of Nantes and Loire-Atlantique in a report.
It would have been there, since time immemorial.
It reminds to visitors that the once very extensive Princé forest was home to wild animals...Read more
Very close to the underground passage of Roche Troquante, the Croix Moreau remains a place full of mysteries.
A cross has been lying in the middle of the Princé forest since 1962. It is actually a cross erected on the initiative of the Souvenir Vendéen...Read more
The church is dating from 1879 and it is the work of the architect Henry Gelec. It's the third church of Chéméré.
This oven is a calcining kiln in which limestone is transformed into lime by calcination and where the ceramic is fired.
The closest station to the village of Arthon-en-Retz was that of Chéméré. Thus the latter was called "Chéméré...Read more
The building was built in 1865 as written in front of the facade.