Rochetaillée lierally means "cut rock" in French and looking up at the road carved out of the cliff face, it is clear how the village got its name. However,...Read more
This particularly large 19th-century washhouse is remarkably well built. Standing at the roadside, it measures 11 metres in length and shelters an enormous...Read more
This washhouse used to be the beating heart of the village. Its initial purpose was for rinsing washed laundry, but every autumn an enormous still is installed...Read more
Built in 1856, the building was occupied by the Nuns of Providence who ran a free school for girls here until 1903.
Private property.In 1867,...Read more
This is an ancient fortress from the 13th century built following the blueprint that Jacques de St Georges was to circulate up to the Gascogne county....Read more
The 11th century chapel is protected as a Historic Monument. It stands on a pebble and rock headland that is typical of the Dauphiné region and looks out...Read more
The market hall is an outstanding example of late medieval architecture. It was built in 1434 according to an analysis of the timber framework.The...Read more
Valchevrière, a place of silence and contemplation, is one of the most moving and evocative sites of the Resistance in the Vercors.