Owned by the de Ligne princes since the 14th century, the château visible today was partly rebuilt to its mediaeval plan, complete with four corner towers...Read more
The origins of Binche’s town hall, on the Grand-Place, are closely associated with the economic development of the town – which was the site of...Read more
Situated on a rocky ridge above the river Semois, the château is actually on two sites. On one rocky spur there was a typical castle mound.
The town hall at Charleroi, inaugurated in 1936, is an impressive classical building with geometric lines and an interplay of materials – red and...Read more
The Maison Dorée (1899), one of the major Art Nouveau buildings in Wallonia, takes its name from its “gilded” décor, particularly that of the...Read more
Choose an item below...
The construction of the present collegiate church began in 1450 with the
chancel, which was finished around 1506. The transept...Read more
The Belfry, built between 1661 and 1672, is the symbol of Mons and
has been recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The...Read more
Dating to 1266, the site has withstood several sieges, which have
altered the area’s layout overtime. In 1518, the castle...Read more