Short walk around Laroque and its strategic observation and defensive site above the Herault River.
A network of around 220 km of trails and paths has been created and signposted. A map guide including this walk above with 31 other additional suggestions for commented circuits, it is available in shops and tourist office of Ganges Sud Cévennes. (price : 5 €).
max. 315 m
min. 139 m
Styles : BaladeDiscoveryIn the countryIn town
Public : FamilyOccasional hikersCyclists
A proximité de l’église, prendre la direction des TRAVERS en passant par Laroque – Village, Laroque – La Brêche, Laroque – La Vierge, Laroque – Cimetière et Les Rouvières.
Suivre Le Fer à Cheval et Chemin de l’Aven Pérasse.
- The 12th century Sainte-Madeleine Church and the 11th century Saint-Jean Chapel.
- The medieval village: old gates of the fortified village, Lord’s residence, narrow streets and keep...
- The viewpoints over the Herault Gorges.
- The Valmalle textile mill, an imposing 19th century building.
- The Thaurac plateau, hollowed out by caves and swallow holes.