A family walk. At Lake Javen there is a restaurant, a children’s playground, and fishing. And as a backdrop admire the Aravis massif, you will see the Aiguilles de Varans and the fine line of the Aiguille Croche.
In front of the Tourist Office, go in the direction of the Haut Val d’Arly Museum; continue on the “Route des Perchets” and after a short uphill climb, turn right in the direction of the “Chemin de Lady”. Then follow the directions for Tour and Lake Javen. You will pass near the Caboche cable car (restaurant).
Continue along the “Route du Tour” following the signposts. At the end of the road and with the Tour draglift on your right, take the
path opposite that leads up through the woods (the Babotch restaurant and the P’tite Fontaine snack bar). After walking for about 30 min you will find the lake (restaurant, fishing, children’s playground).
There are different options for the return:
- take the same itinerary and/ or the “Chemin de Fanou”. At the hamlet of Tour, on the left by the last renovated farm-house, take the path that goes down to the centre of Megève by the “Chemin de Fanou” and the Perchets.
- take the road that is suitable for cars to the Rée Bridge, the path through the woods on your left leads to the hamlet of Tour.
- at the Rée Bridge, meet up with the “Route du Tour”, turn right in the direction of Maz (for 400m), opposite the chapel return to the village by the “Chemin du Maz”.
Allow 1 hour to go.
max. 1391 m
min. 1099 m
Phone : 04 50 21 27 28
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
From 01/05 to 30/09: open every.
Mairie de Megève - 24/09/2018
Report a problem
2 options to reach the lake :
- Park at Rée – drive in the direction of Mont d’Arbois/Tour; take the road on the left before the bridge and then the Chemin de la Rée on the right and park near the bridge. The lake is a 20 min walk from here
- park at the hamlet of Tour (small car park opposite the drag lift). The lake is a 30 min walk from here.
Dogs must be necessarily kept on a lead.