The source of the River Semois is at Arlon, capital of the Belgian province of Luxembourg. It flows for 195km and changes its spelling to “Semoy” for the 20km or so of its route through France. For around 96km, from the La Vierre dam at Chiny as far as the French border, visitors can use canoes or kayaks all year round, depending on water levels. You can either travel the entire length in stages over several days, or you can enjoy day trips. As well as taking you through picturesque traditional villages, the Semois also flows through wooded national parks and under bridges built in the traditional local style.
max. 334 m
min. 143 m
- Area of Le Hât
- Beach of La Cuisine
rue du Millénaire, 6 - 6810 Chiny Tél. : +32 (0)61/31.54.04
Esplanade du Panorama, 1 - 6820 Florenville +32 (0)61/31.12.29
Village of Chassepierre
- Area called « Mez de la Roche » (meadow in front of campsite « les Cabrettes »
Village of Sainte Cécile
- Area called « Conroy » (at the campsite of Sainte Cécile)
rue de l'Enfer,1 - 6820 Muno +32 (0)61/32.00.19 email@example.com
Area "Conroy" (in camping of Sainte-Cécile)
rue du Breux, 3 - 6824 Chassepierre Tél. : +32 (0)61/31.24.74
- Area called « Champ le Monde » (upstream from the viaduct, right bank)
- Area called « Moulin Willaime » (right bank)
avenue des Combattants, 7 - 6887 Herbeumont +32 (0)22.214.171.124
Village of Mortehan
- Area called « Pont de Lingle » (upstream from the bridge, left bank)
Village of Cugnon
- Area at the campsite « Saint Remacle » (campsite on the right bank)
- Area called « Gué du Maka » (25 meters downstream from the campsite, right bank)
- Area at the bridge of Dohan (40 meters downstream from the bridge, left bank)
- Area called 'Gué du Han du Han' (25 meters downstream from the brook of the Moulin Hideux, right bank)
Hire for one day: Bouillon - Poupehan (15 kms), Poupehan - Frahan (4 kms)
On request: journeys of several days in a 3 seater canoe.
Two offices: Bouillon (near the bridge of Cordemois) and Poupehan-sur-Semois (under the bridge).
More information : http://www.semois-kayaks.be
- Les Epinoches
Hire for one day: distances of 7, 14 or 28 kms. On request: journeys of several days in a kayak (1 or 2 seats) or a canoe.
+ d’infos : http://www.kayak-lesepinoches.be/
- Semois Aventure
Go canoeing on the Semois in a giant 9 seater canoe. Many options and combinations with other activities: adventure trail, archery…
More information: http://www.semois-aventure.com/index.php/fr/
- Area at the footbridge (left bank)
- Area called Aire des Crêtes (left bank)
- Area at the bridge of Poupehan (quay under the bridge, right bank)
Info : 061/61.37.53
- Aire du camping du Faucon (rive droite)
- Aire du village de Thilay (200 m en amont du pont – Rive droite).