Leave to the discovery of the blazons of Paris and follow its currency " Fluctuat nec mergitur ", what means " He is beaten by streams, but does not sink ". Its balson evokes Scilicet, vessel and symbol of the powerful corporation of Nautes or the Traders of the water, manager of the municipality in the Middle Age. Its complete representation, it also contains the decorations that the city was authorized to make represent in its coats of arms, the Legion of Honour (decree of October 9th, 1900), the Croix de guerre 1914-1918 (decree of July 28th, 1919) and the cross of the Liberation (decree of March 24th, 1945). It is surmounted by a wall golden crown in five towers, and framed in right hand of a branch of oak and in sénestre of one of laurel. The currency is classically registered down. The blazon of Paris, under its current shape, date of 1358, time when king Charles V gave the leader sowed with flowers of lily. A nef, or a vessel, appear to have been of any time the symbol of the corporation of the traders of the water, which gave then birth to the municipality of Paris. It was necessary to wait for the First Empire so that cities are again officially authorized to be equipped with coats of arms. We find himit on numerous Parisian public equipments, among which the city hall, the city halls of district, the Parisian stations, bridges, schools and Parisian schools, fountains Wallace, theatre publicity displays and the other Parisian urban furnitures.
max. 63 m
min. 27 m
Styles : BaladeIn townUnusual
Public : FamilyOccasional hikersSeniorsAdolescentsCyclists
Themes : CulturalPatrimonyTourism of memory
Coats of arms of Paris on the wall of the station Hôtel de Ville of...Read more
Blazon sculptured in pediment of the swimming pool of Butte-aux-Cailles one of the most old swimming pools of Paris.
Fed by an artésien well conceived by François Arago, giving access to a water in 28 °C since 1893, the swimming pool was conceived by the architect Louis Bonnier and built between 1922 and 1924 in addition of ancient public baths dating 1908. The sanitary considerations and of hygiene, news in this time, were taken into account, with for example the passage obliged by the bathers by showers and pédiluve. The facade of the swimming pool is in red bricks, unusual material in Paris for this type of établisement, in a style Art nouveau.
It is registered in conformance with ancient memorials since an order of July 31st, 1990.
Blazon, with oars, on the school of the street Damesme. The...Read more
Blazon of Paris decorating the plate of name of the public garden Marie-Curie. This public garden pays tribute to the scientist Marie Curie. It extends over a surface of 4 091 m2 and was fitted out in 1931. The plates of name of Paris have of the different styles is uniform as a rule within a district or within a locality. They are normally accompanied in plates indicating the numbering of every building in the way. Street plates can be made in any sorts of materials: metal, stone, ceramic, etc.
Blazon, 12, rue de la Banque. This street, possessed the former south-north branch of the passage of Youngs-fathers, opened in 1779, through the hotel Broth. This branch is extended in 1844 up to the place de la Bourse. At first named rue Percée, it takes its current name, because beginning in front of the hotel of Toulouse, the siege of the Bank of France.
In N 5 of the street is a commemorative tablet of the place of death of Louis Antoine de Bougainville.
In N 8 of the street is the City hall of the 2nd district of Paris. On November 16th, 1943, the Gestapo arrested, on denunciation, Jacques Bidaut, General Secretary of the city hall there. This one supplied false papers, ration coupons, virgin official documents to diverse groups of Resistance fighters. He dies to the camp of Neuengamme, on December 4th, 1944.
Just opposite, of N ° 9 - 13, the old Hotel of the Stamp and the Recording, imposing building which we owe to the architect Victor Baltard, who sheltered until 1974 the last big industrial activity of the district.