A walk between the drystone terraces and walls in the zone famous for the sweet Cevennes onion.
A network of around 220 km of trails and paths has been created and signposted. A map guide including this walk above with 31 other additional suggestions for commented circuits, it is available in shops and tourist office of Ganges Sud Cévennes. (price : 5 €).
max. 657 m
min. 417 m
Style : Balade
Suivre St Martial – Village et La Croisée.
De là, prendre la direction de la CROIX DE BASSEL.
- The 12th century Romanesque church, fortified during the Hundred Years War.
- Terraces, or side paths and their dry-stone walls.
- The crosses which show the inhabitants’ attachment to the Catholic religion.
- Traditional housing in the hamlets of the Cevennes.
- The different views over the valley and hamlets.
- The Pompidou sheepfold which used to house the migrating flocks.